Why you should consider stainless steel for your next tank project!
The reasons to consider a stainless steel tank are many which are why you see this type of tank used in so many industries from Wineries to industrial and chemical plants. The CDC recommends the storage of potable water for any home, business, or community in the event of a natural disaster or unexpected emergency on any level, interesting that the world is currently being rocked with a global pandemic the likes of which have not been seen since 1918. So the CDC is certainly accurate in its call for preparation. Hurricanes, wildfires, and tornados can disrupt the clean water supply and reduce the chance of survival. With a water storage tank, especially in rural settings, you can be sure that you will have clean water to drink, cook, wash, and brush your teeth.
Advantages of stainless steel water tanks
The advantages of a stainless steel water tank are:
- Hygiene and Easy to Clean – Hospitals, kitchens, food processing plants, and wineries all use stainless steel tanks and equipment to follow cleanliness guidelines.
- Corrosion Resistance – Stainless steel’s corrosion-resistant qualities come from the chromium as the alloying element.
- High Impact Resistance – The manufacturing process provides stainless steel with a unique ability to manage extreme temperatures well from high temps to very cold temperatures and even ideal for cryogenic applications.
- Durable Earthquake Performance – The natural elements in the Stainless Steel along with seismic anchoring make this tank ideal in earthquake rated areas.
- Extremely strong but lightweight – The hardening process of stainless steel results in a strengthening of the material making it not only cost-effective but incredibly durable
- Small footprint while large capacity containment
- Eco-friendly – As a recyclable product these tanks become very eco-friendly and a great addition to any environment.
- Esthetic Appearance – With a clean and shiny stainless steel tank these tanks have an attractive and modern look perfectly suited as an architectural addition or showpiece for a high-end vineyard.
- Mobility – The tank can also be relocated if necessary and installed at another location.
- Customizable – Most stainless steel tanks are made to order so can be customized to the specific use or need of the business.
- Recyclable and Reuse – The majority of all new stainless steel tanks are manufactured using the stainless steel scarps of previous tanks.
- Long-Term Value – Considering long warranties, durability, ease of fabrication, and the fact it is portable if necessary make the purchase of a stainless steel tank a wise investment indeed.
Why so many industries insist on stainless steel tanks
Based on a tank by tank comparison it is easy to see why so many procurement specialists and owners select stainless steel tanks for their facility. We are pleased to have an extensive list of long term clients in multiple industries including wineries, dairy, food processing, agriculture, irrigation, petrochemical, municipalities, cities, and counties that rely on our experienced engineers, fabricators, and installers to deliver the absolute best in class service and product. These selective buyers choose stainless steel tanks because of the overwhelming logical and financial cost savings, with custom design and the exact capacity needed to fit their needs, from a 300-gallon tank to a 650,000-gallon tank used for chemicals or wastewater these tanks become the ideal solution for many and varied applications.
National Storage Tank is one of the premier providers of Stainless Steel Tanks in the Western United States. As the vendor of choice for wineries, vineyards, food processing facilities, and chemical plants throughout California we provide uncompromising attention to detail with the needs of the client and exceeding expectations as our only objective.