The process of collecting rain water has been around for 1000’s of years as seasonal changes required that farmers and drought stricken areas find a way to capture and store rainwater for future use on crops and as drinking water when filtered.
The amount of rain that falls is very deceptive since what seems like just a little rain can collectively add up to huge volumes, consider that an average residential home, with a roof of 2,000 square feet can collect 1300 gallons of water from only one inch of rain. In an industrial complex, or big box store with a roof of 100,000 square feet it is therefore possible to capture an astonishing 65,000 gallons of water from that same one inch of rain.
Rainwater Harvesting is economically and ecologically smart and sound. The water captured can be used for non-potable applications such as landscaping or filtered back down into drinking water. Rainwater harvesting systems are an extremely effective way to capture the excess run-off and to save for a wide variety of uses in the future.
Benefits Of Rainwater Harvesting
- Having additional water on hand from rain can provide for urgently needed water in an emergency
- Rainwater harvesting systems can adapt to almost any style of roof or elevation
- The technology is simple and inexpensive to maintain
- Rainwater is said to be a better source of moisture for plants and gardens because it not chlorinated
- It naturally reduces the massive amounts of run-off going into stormwater drainage systems
- It is a very “Green” way to go and environmentally friendly to re-use water for productive purposes that would ordinarily just be gone down a drain
- Conserving water resources and being more independent has always been the goal
- Rainwater is relatively clean and FREE
- You have control of the water supply and can reallocate for cities or communities at any time
National Storage Tank has been a leader in the rain harvesting industry for many years and providing Rainwater Harvesting Systems for big business and residential customers alike. We are ideally suited by virtue of the variety of tanks we offer coupled with our experience to get you or your business started harvesting your run-off rainwater. We carry a full line of rain harvesting tanks, rain harvesting systems, and all of the accessories needed to put them all together for your own water independence day.
All of our tanks are compliant with all state and local regulations and recommend that any homeowner or business also look at any local ordinances that they should be aware of before installing their system. A number of cities and water districts also offer rebates on qualified systems such as the rebate for anyone in the Marin Water District in Northern California.
Architects & Engineers
We currently work with 100’s of professionals in the Fire Protection, Landscaping, Water Management, Commercial Facilities, and Risk Management industries to provide line drawings and specifications for their client’s projects. Our tanks are also approved and included in building plans for cities, counties, school districts, and municipalities. Let us know the information you need for the project plans you are working on.